Wired.com isn't as fresh-faced as the Mashables and The Next Webs of the present day, but it's no less influential. Join us as veteran editor-in-chief Evan Hansen walks us through his latest edit structure and where he wants to take his franchise. Be prepared for some surprises.
- Workflow among editors and artists
- Which story types get access to the artists and which don't
- Trends in page design and SEO
- Impact of tablets
- Tools and forms that presage "graphics self-service" for reporters and editors
Planning a launch? The client expects big things. Probably too big. With a bit of imagination, you can deliver good results even when the usual suspects take a pass, but what constitutes success in today's media environment?
- Fritz Nelson - TechWeb
- Dylan Tweney - Wired.com
- Charles Cooper - CBSNews.com
- David Spark - Spark Media Solutions
- Colin Crook - Voce Communications
- Leigh Anne Varney - veteran indie PR pro
From our subscriber-only feeds:
* Wired.com senior editor Dylan Tweney saw our recent piece on virtual trade shows and contributed his two cents. It was an unexpected comment coming from a Wired guy.
* Did you ever cut and paste text from a web site that knew you did, and admonished you for doing so? No? Then you've never been to AOL's DailyFinance.com.