You understand the power of headlines. What makes for a good one? Rread what InformationWeek dot com EIC Laurianne McLaughlin and VentureBeat executive editor Dylan Tweney have to say. You also can learn a lot by scrutinizing the hot online publications. We chose Business Insider. Read more for to learn the effective techniques?
Part 2 of our Tech Edit Spotlight on Contributed Content
Analysis will include:
- More story formats
- Our complete raw data table, broken down by article title, topic, author, goal and page views/shares
- Important decision makers you'll want to get to know
Placing contributed content is never easy. A Publicity Club of New York luncheon panel last week reminded us why.
"The best submissions," explained Business Insider managing editor Jessica Liebmann, "have a ton of voice, are counter-intuitive, argue a point no one else is arguing, and are written in the tone of our site. The piece needs to be conversational -- how would you tell a friend about whatever you're talking about?"
- Workflow among editors and artists
- Which story types get access to the artists and which don't
- Trends in page design and SEO
- Impact of tablets
- Tools and forms that presage "graphics self-service" for reporters and editors