Founded in 1998, Sam Whitmore's Media Survey is a trusted independent tech media consultancy that helps PR pros deliver better coverage for their clients, with insightful content and personalized valet consulting for one annual price.
- Weekly emailer with exclusive tech media research and analysis, spotting trends and pitch opps and tracking reporter moves
- Twitter-based breaking tech media news bulletins on our private Tweet stream, SWMSTweet
- Tech reporter profiles with audio interviews: it matters less what they've done than where they're going and what they want from PR
- Deep-dive analyses of media trends, designed to help account teams plan and execute strategy... (AI, healthcare, AR/VR, tools...)
Personalized valet consulting services
- Target identification. Here's who you pitch, especially in newer publications where beat systems are incredibly fluid.
- Pitch analysis. "This pitch won't work because Steve trusts academics more than any kind of expert, and you didn't offer one."
- Pitch-opp spotting: side doors to coverage that your rivals miss. I just heard they've got a symposium coming up next Spring. The pitch contact is X.
- Contributed content gatekeepers. Who are they and what are their standards?
- Best practices. Who's doing the best job of X out there? How do I get our survey covered?
- Talent eyes-and-ears. I need to hire a SAE... who's good?
- Spot help, quick delivery: hard-to-find contact info, email addresses, phone numbers
- New business pitch assistance. We dig deep to provide business-winning perspectives your rivals won't. Because we speak with editors every week, we can identify achievable coverage objectives, helping you to avoid post-kickoff frustrations and elevating your performance in the long run.
Does SWMS pay off?
I cannot thank you enough for your weekly insights. I look out for your weekly emails and read them as soon as they come out.
Based on the information, in the last couple of weeks alone I've been able to secure clients onto a Forbes podcast, a Bloomberg podcast, placed two contributed articles, and built relationships with a number of tech reporters based on your insights - resulting in briefings that are all underway.
-- Lisette Paras, Gravitate PR